St. Simon the Cyrenian - The African Orthodox Church in America

powered by

My Blog

"Loneliness."

"Loneliness."

April Garris
Greetings,
The readings for this Sunday talk about a very lonely people.  The Gospel Reading:

Gospel MK 1:40-45

A leper came to Jesus and kneeling down begged him and said,
“If you wish, you can make me clean.”
Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand,
touched him, and said to him,
“I do will it. Be made clean.”
The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean.
Then, warning the him sternly, he dismissed him at once.

He said to him, “See that you tell no one anything,
but go, show yourself to the priest
and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed;
that will be proof for them.”

The man went away and began to publicize the whole matter.
He spread the report abroad
so that it was impossible for Jesus to enter a town openly.
He remained outside in deserted places,
and people kept coming to him from everywhere.

Loneliness

April Garris
From the Desk of:  +Archbishop James Salisbury Jr., OSB.,

Greetings,

We have a very special time in our Divine Liturgy when we come together for the sign of peace.  In our tradition we embrace each other with the kiss of peace.

I know once I start saying “The Lord be with you, let us offer the sign of peace,” something very special happens.  We reach out and really touch each other.

Over the years I have often stated that the only hug some persons get all week is at church on Sunday morning at the sign of peace.

We are in loneliness and need a community around us.  I am sure some of you can relate to the following story after living in Metro-Washington, D.C.

Years ago, when speaker of the house Sam Rayburn heard that he had terminal cancer, he shocked everyone when he announced that he was going back to his small town in Bonham, Texas. Everyone said to him: They have got the finest facilities in Washington, D. C., why go back to that little town. Rayburn's words have been quoted so often that some of you have probably heard them. He said: "Because in Bohman, Texas, they know if you’re sick and they care when you die. We need community.

Upon moving back to my home town of Rocky Mount, N.C., I was very moved to see just how much the community really care and support this time of life when most us of my generation are walking in the fall leaves of our lives.

In todays Gospel, think of the Lepers and their loneliness.  Everyone needs a communit to love them and recognize them.

I dare first myself and then you to be more about community in our church community and our homes and communities we live in.

In the Master’s Yoke.

+Archbishop James Salisbury Jr., OSB.
Email: stsimoncyrene@msn.com

31 Comments to "Loneliness.":

Comments RSS
can someone do my assignment for me on Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:55 AM
I clearly stumbled upon your weblog and favored to mention that I’ve truely loved reading your blog posts. anyhow I’ll be subscribing in your feed and that i wish you submit once more quickly. Please keeps it top posting! thanks you a lot, I recognize your work.

Pay to Do my Assignment UK on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 9:06 AM
The more practical aptitude you have increased, so the new object you are employed on will continuously seem like the greatest difficult thing.

the best essay on Sunday, January 06, 2019 8:46 AM
I feel sad after reading this story. But what can you do. It's a sad part of life.

faiz on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:34 AM
tu adalah dosa untuk tidak mengatur diri saya sendiri ini ke 20 Supplier plat besi hitam Toko besi wf Toko besi wf Toko stainless steel Agen besi cnp undangan pernikahan akrilik Supplier Wiremesh Jual Plat Kapal Besi baja Toko plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen besi wf Agen besi wf Toko atap spandek www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Harga Plat Kapal Besi baja Agen plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton sii Pabrik besi wf Pabrik besi wf Toko baja ringan Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan online Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Pabrik Plat Kapal Besi baja Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor besi hollow Distributor besi hollow Toko bondek Toko bondek undangan pernikahan modern Supplier Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Distributor Wiremesh Besi baja Distributor plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton perwira Harga besi hollow Harga besi hollow Toko Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Toko wiremesh undangan pernikahan unik dan murah Supplier Besi Wf Supplier Wiremesh Besi baja Harga plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton PAS Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Pabrik Welded Beam Pabrik Welded Beam Jual atap spandek

v on Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:48 PM
v

how to buy a dissertation on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 8:54 AM
• Loneliness does not mean I am alone. It simply shows how sad I am. Also, loneliness shows how I want to be apart from the people around me in which it is very helpful for me. Being lonely will help a person to improve himself/herself. Because it will give him/her the time to relax and free his/her mind from those pains or something that triggers him/her to be alone. But that does not mean that he/she will be alone forever, it only requires a right amount of time to recover from the pain that he/she felt before.

Natasha on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:22 PM
This is a sorrowful article. I am really very sorry after reading this article. Thanks

sims 4 news on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:32 AM
Fighting! You bring us a lot of useful information! We always stand for you.Thank you!

perkinsexperiencesurvey.pro on Monday, September 23, 2019 8:12 AM
The Survey code can't be connected with the incorporation of some other promotion codes or some other offers. It will be considered as invalid in the event that on the off chance that it is duplicated or moved from different sources. You can likewise check progressively about the standards by visiting the official site.

acaeronet.me on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:04 PM
You can login to Acaeronet portal which is designed for the Air Canada employees by following instructions on our website.

Happy New Year 2020 on Friday, October 11, 2019 9:47 AM
Individuals used to wish their companions, family, and relatives for glad and prosperous up and coming year. It is the hour of festivities when the individuals used to plan to get together and state Advance New Year Wishes before 2020, December 31st night.

picbear on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:27 AM
I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thank you for sharing and keep sharing. Reading a lots amazing blogs on instagramm from my site

ufc online on Friday, October 25, 2019 12:35 PM
watch ufc online is everyone dream

Rugby world cup semi final online on Friday, October 25, 2019 12:35 PM
are you ready for the semis

write my dissertation on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:13 AM
I’m usually to blogging and i actually appreciate your content. The article has genuinely peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web page and maintain checking for new details. I am looking for some good blog sites for studying.

Black Varsity Jacket on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:13 AM
This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. We have read your all the information some points are also good and some usually are awesome. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
Reply to comment

Happy New Year Whatsapp Images 101 Greetings on Wednesday, November 06, 2019 4:13 PM
Excellent information shared on this page. It shows you have a solid grip on this topic. Keep it up!

Happy New Year 2020 on Thursday, November 07, 2019 10:53 AM

Hubflix on Thursday, November 07, 2019 4:05 PM
Hubflix.in is the same as Hubflix.me, actually, it is a Proxy of HDMoviesHub

Happy New Year 2020 on Thursday, November 07, 2019 5:21 PM
Individuals accustomed want their companions, family, and relatives for glad and prosperous up and returning year. it's the hour of festivities once the people accustomed attempt to get along and state Advance New Year needs before 2020, Dec thirty first night.

Z Shadow Hacker on Saturday, November 09, 2019 3:01 PM
Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!

Happy Thanksgiving Pictures on Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:18 PM
hello, does one ought to mind simply speak around your web content with my tweets establishment? there unit varied folks World upbeat Association I wholly settle for might encounter your reviews. Please I actually have to acknowledge. a lot of obligated to you. Thanksgiving Turkey animated images Happy Thanksgiving Quotes

V is chkfkhfhkf on Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:55 PM

Rohit on Friday, November 15, 2019 10:14 AM

sargun on Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:01 AM
Visit Here To Download the best and awesome collection of Merry Christmas Quotes and Images and Also Check the Merry Christmas Quotes Wishes To wish Your family and friends and don't forget to wish New Year 2020 Greetings Click Here and share to loved once and New Year Quotes for Family

happynewyearwishes on Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:25 PM
Happy new year 2020 wishes, wallpapers, HD images, Gifs, quotes, status, messages and much more all at one place. Download and Enjoy

Happy New Year 2020 on Sunday, November 17, 2019 12:09 AM