St. Simon the Cyrenian - The African Orthodox Church in America
RSS

Recent Posts

Forgiveness
When Christians Love Political Power More Than People
National Day of Prayer - Super Bowl Sunday
Everybody Wants To Be Somebody
Jesus: Liar, Lunatic,Legend, or Lord?"

Categories

powered by

My Blog

"Loneliness."

"Loneliness."

April Garris
Greetings,
The readings for this Sunday talk about a very lonely people.  The Gospel Reading:

Gospel MK 1:40-45

A leper came to Jesus and kneeling down begged him and said,
“If you wish, you can make me clean.”
Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand,
touched him, and said to him,
“I do will it. Be made clean.”
The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean.
Then, warning the him sternly, he dismissed him at once.

He said to him, “See that you tell no one anything,
but go, show yourself to the priest
and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed;
that will be proof for them.”

The man went away and began to publicize the whole matter.
He spread the report abroad
so that it was impossible for Jesus to enter a town openly.
He remained outside in deserted places,
and people kept coming to him from everywhere.

Loneliness

April Garris
From the Desk of:  +Archbishop James Salisbury Jr., OSB.,

Greetings,

We have a very special time in our Divine Liturgy when we come together for the sign of peace.  In our tradition we embrace each other with the kiss of peace.

I know once I start saying “The Lord be with you, let us offer the sign of peace,” something very special happens.  We reach out and really touch each other.

Over the years I have often stated that the only hug some persons get all week is at church on Sunday morning at the sign of peace.

We are in loneliness and need a community around us.  I am sure some of you can relate to the following story after living in Metro-Washington, D.C.

Years ago, when speaker of the house Sam Rayburn heard that he had terminal cancer, he shocked everyone when he announced that he was going back to his small town in Bonham, Texas. Everyone said to him: They have got the finest facilities in Washington, D. C., why go back to that little town. Rayburn's words have been quoted so often that some of you have probably heard them. He said: "Because in Bohman, Texas, they know if you’re sick and they care when you die. We need community.

Upon moving back to my home town of Rocky Mount, N.C., I was very moved to see just how much the community really care and support this time of life when most us of my generation are walking in the fall leaves of our lives.

In todays Gospel, think of the Lepers and their loneliness.  Everyone needs a communit to love them and recognize them.

I dare first myself and then you to be more about community in our church community and our homes and communities we live in.

In the Master’s Yoke.

+Archbishop James Salisbury Jr., OSB.
Email: stsimoncyrene@msn.com

7 Comments to "Loneliness.":

Comments RSS
can someone do my assignment for me on Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:55 AM
I clearly stumbled upon your weblog and favored to mention that I’ve truely loved reading your blog posts. anyhow I’ll be subscribing in your feed and that i wish you submit once more quickly. Please keeps it top posting! thanks you a lot, I recognize your work.
Reply to comment

Pay to Do my Assignment UK on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 9:06 AM
The more practical aptitude you have increased, so the new object you are employed on will continuously seem like the greatest difficult thing.
Reply to comment

the best essay on Sunday, January 06, 2019 8:46 AM
I feel sad after reading this story. But what can you do. It's a sad part of life.
Reply to comment

faiz on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:34 AM
tu adalah dosa untuk tidak mengatur diri saya sendiri ini ke 20 Supplier plat besi hitam Toko besi wf Toko besi wf Toko stainless steel Agen besi cnp undangan pernikahan akrilik Supplier Wiremesh Jual Plat Kapal Besi baja Toko plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen besi wf Agen besi wf Toko atap spandek www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Harga Plat Kapal Besi baja Agen plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton sii Pabrik besi wf Pabrik besi wf Toko baja ringan Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan online Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Pabrik Plat Kapal Besi baja Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor besi hollow Distributor besi hollow Toko bondek Toko bondek undangan pernikahan modern Supplier Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Distributor Wiremesh Besi baja Distributor plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton perwira Harga besi hollow Harga besi hollow Toko Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Toko wiremesh undangan pernikahan unik dan murah Supplier Besi Wf Supplier Wiremesh Besi baja Harga plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton PAS Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Pabrik Welded Beam Pabrik Welded Beam Jual atap spandek
Reply to comment

v on Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:48 PM
v
Reply to comment

how to buy a dissertation on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 8:54 AM
• Loneliness does not mean I am alone. It simply shows how sad I am. Also, loneliness shows how I want to be apart from the people around me in which it is very helpful for me. Being lonely will help a person to improve himself/herself. Because it will give him/her the time to relax and free his/her mind from those pains or something that triggers him/her to be alone. But that does not mean that he/she will be alone forever, it only requires a right amount of time to recover from the pain that he/she felt before.
Reply to comment

Natasha on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:22 PM
This is a sorrowful article. I am really very sorry after reading this article. Thanks
Reply to comment